3.20.2013

Student Awards Night 2013


Adamson University’s Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) gather in this much anticipated event- Student Awards Night, a night that sums up all their efforts rooted from their remarkable Operational Plans to accomplishment of their activities, submission of monthly reports and everything that comes in between, amidst being simple students of their chosen courses of study. It is indeed the will to inspire that keeps the student organizations moving forward, aiming higher.


Representing ADUMS with my Vice-President (Internal Affairs), and yeah, sister, Justine

It is a night of expectations- or maybe NOT. Well, probably in our case.

Without further ado, we were awarded as THE BEST COORDINATED ACTIVITY for our environmental activity, “The Green Minded Movement”. That was us, Adamson University Mountaineers along with Tinik ng Teatro.




NGITING TAGUMPAY!


BEST COORDINATED ACTIVITY (where's the plaque? LOL)

ADUMS & TNT! Yey!

Lysa, Justine, and I with the VPSA/fellow mountaineer, Fr. Bayal


That was me waiting... hoping.

With AUSG/AdU-PULITIKA, PSME-AdU, and ASA-AdU Presidents

With my best president friends!

With ASA-AdU and JPCS Presidents

With the beautiful Presidents from the Petronas Towers Team
L-R: Mara (AUMACOMMS), Caren (ACOMSS), Lysa (PSME-AdU), and Monic (ASA-AdU)

On the other hand, Student Awards Night 2013 came out to be a night I dreaded to happen. Let me explain why. First, I am overflowing with “I should have done better”.  Second, I am bothered with “For some reasons, nobody seemed to realize my share of ideas, efforts, moreover sacrifices”. Third, the truth is “I am unappreciated”. The latter part of my presidency had been really rough. The circumstances had been rough.

In the end, I realized I was wrong. It was wrong to go farther from the responsibility I took an oath to. It was wrong that I played the ‘great pretender’ telling myself, everything’s going to be fine. It was wrong that I did not open up. It was wrong that in a way, I left. This is then the impossibility of ‘reaching out’ in terms of empathy, there was no connection.

I have my story. They have their stories.



But this night was not about me. It is about US. It is OUR story.

Nothing compares to having your activity and organization summoned up on stage.

We have been through a lot of thinking, drinking, sleepovers, dramas and absences. Every ounce of endeavor was WORTH IT.

It is not just about proving our selves. It is about our PASSION being recognized. It is about ‘trekking’ to bring forth change. It is about being the ‘change’ in a way we were made to be. We take pride on being mountaineers. Adventures are our amplified inspirations to be more… doing more.

I am leaving my post with a grateful and hopeful heart. The next year is going be amazing. I know it will be. Good luck to the new set of officers! The only way is up. 

1 comment:

  1. You were there at that night too! That's why you look familiar!

    Playgroup Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email